Cr32 oxygen mask pictures or drawings

Post topics relating to fighters, bombers, ground attack aircraft, transports, powerplants, ordnance, armament, materials construction, design, secret weapons, flak, radar, ground equipment (e.g., autotreno 3000)
stevnjan
Pilota

Cr32 oxygen mask pictures or drawings

Post by stevnjan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:30 am

Don't know where this should go so lets try here.

I am looking for clear pics or drawings of the oxygen masks used by CR32 pilots. I am collecting info to build a large scale RC plane and would like to have the pilot wearing an oxyen mask and associated hose etc. Note this will be a head and shoulders figure only so don't need much beyond that. Also colour info would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Stephen

Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Capitano » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:16 pm

On page 29 of #4 Fiat CR. 32 by Ali D'Italia, there is good picture of a Spanish Civil War pilot w/ an oxygen mask. The caption reads few pilots wore oxygen masks during this era.

stevnjan
Pilota

Post by stevnjan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:21 am

I have that reference thank you. I think I have another picture somewhere but as you know the more pictures the better your understanding. I would like to model a pilot with one on as I feel it would be quite different. In Jose Larios' book I seem to remember him mentioning using oxygen once or twice. Besides I can model an oxygen mask better than a face :wink: . Thank you,

As an aside there is a guy on eBay selling copies of the CR32 manuals, parts lists etc. Has anyone got these (originals or copies) and what is your opinion(s)? I will probably pick them up as every little detail helps with understanding. When building flying models seeing how the original was built really helps with structural design questions. I have the Westburg drawings but even though they are great pictures help clear up a lot of questions.

Stephen

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:26 pm