Cant Z.506 and Z.1007 Interior

Discuss and review reference material relating to WWII, the Inter-War Period and WWI. Includes book and author reviews
Ulrich22
Pilota

Cant Z.506 and Z.1007 Interior

Post by Ulrich22 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21 am

Hello!

I'm an aircraft modeller and want to rebuild both the Cant Z. 506 B and the Z.1007 plane in 1/48 scale (Alpha Flight Kits) as detailed and accurate as possible, with some of their windows and doors open. So I'm searching for drawings and pictures. The only good sources which I know are the Ali d'Italia books, which are very useful. However, some details I don't know as good as necessary to rebuilt them accurately.
Does anyone can give me further informations/photos which are not in the Ali d'Italia books? I'm interested in details of the bomb bay (the bomb fixing and release mechanism), the bomb aimers gondula (view up and in rear direction, anchor installation in Cant Z.506, rear side of pilots instrument panel), the cockpit and the fuselage (radio installation, flexible gun mountings, ammunition containers, compressor?, ventral gun hatch and vertical camera installation)...

Thank you very much & best regards!

Ulrich

D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Alpha flight CANT

Post by D520 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:09 am

Gutten tag Ulrich. Well I have comitted myself to two CANT Z-1007 from Alpha flight, both are in the gallery. Before going in to super detailing those kits, keep in mind they are not easy builts and that they recquire a lot of putty and elbow grease! Take not also of the poor representation of the engines (at least on the Alcione) and that the white metal parts are very uneasy to use. That makes a looooot of work to get a decently built model, so superdetailing I will not even imagine. Third part is the camo, always speaking on the Alcione as I do not possess the Z-506, wich is a real killer!
To answer about the photos I have some but I must search, otherwise Ali d'italia was very friendly. Good luck with your project, best regards, Jean.

Ulrich22
Pilota

Post by Ulrich22 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Bonjour Jean,

thanks a lot for your reply!

You are right, building these two planes is a lot of work to do... before I bought the kits some months ago, I've already visited the Stormo and the Hyperscale gallery, looked on both of your Alciones and read your building reports. I was really impressed about these great models, especially about your accurate camouflage!

Until now I have only built German or American aircraft. In 2002, I won the silver medal at the German Model Master Contest for a diorama with a pair of Fw190s. If you are interested, I can send you some photos by e-mail...
And I have also some experience with resin/short run kits and the scratch detailing of airplane models. So I'll do this job, when I have finished my actual project. And the Z.506 should be my first Italian plane...

You are right, the engines of Alpha Flight's Alcione are really a weak point of this kit. The engines of the Z.506 are better (made of resin). But not good enough, I think. So I have already six resin engines from Vector in stock for both the Z.1007 and the Z.506, which I will use to replace the white metal / original resin parts... and, of course, I have also the machine guns from l'Arsenal... the remains I have to improve myself...

It would be very kind of you, I you can share some photos with me, which are not part of the Ali d'Italia books! My Email-adress: ulrich.degenhardt@uni-bayreuth.de!

Best regards to France,

Ulrich

D520

Post by D520 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:23 am

Gutten tag Ulrich check your e-mail! :D

Ulrich22
Pilota

Post by Ulrich22 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:48 am

Hello Jean,

I have checked my e-mail now. That's really great of you! Thanks a lot!

Best regards to France again,

Ulrich