Cliffs of Dover - video game

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
telsono
Comandante di Squadriglia

Cliffs of Dover - video game

Post by telsono » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Its been announced by Ubisoft for release in Europe for next month and March 22nd for US release. This is not an expansion of the IL-2 Strumovik - Forgotten Battles series, but a new series with a new game engine. The initial release, as per the title, will be concerned with the Battle of Britain and will include the FIAT G.50, CR.42 and BR.20. At least the first two will be playable aircraft while I am not sure bout the latter.
The campaign map will include most of England and Northern France and the Low Countries. Its supposed to be a bigger campaign map than used before.
Cliffs of Dover - Maddox Games - Ubisoft
Mike T.

nimbus109

Post by nimbus109 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Is this replacing their long announced Battle of Britain game?

telsono

Post by telsono » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:29 pm

It is their long awaited Battle of Britain game. They couldn't use BoB as it was used by another company and is still is copyrighted. Instead of starting off the new series in the Eastern Front as were the previous 2, they decided to start with the Western Front as you can go earlier with the Battle of France and later with the Rodeos, Normandy and Western Front just using the same map. I would l;ove to see a better coverage of the Med campaign.

Mike T.

fredleander
Pilota

Re: Cliffs of Dover - video game

Post by fredleander » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 am

telsono wrote:Its been announced by Ubisoft for release in Europe for next month and March 22nd for US release. This is not an expansion of the IL-2 Strumovik - Forgotten Battles series, but a new series with a new game engine. The initial release, as per the title, will be concerned with the Battle of Britain and will include the FIAT G.50, CR.42 and BR.20. At least the first two will be playable aircraft while I am not sure bout the latter.
The campaign map will include most of England and Northern France and the Low Countries. Its supposed to be a bigger campaign map than used before.
Cliffs of Dover - Maddox Games - Ubisoft
Mike T.
I bought it some months book but haven't got on to try it out, mainly because I have been busy writing. However, it seems to have some great possibilities. To me it is of interest as I can make simulations on Operation Sea Lion with it.

Fred
www.fredleander.com - a book on Operation Sealion