Cant 506 C

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Cant 506 C

Post by Vincent Fiore » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:57 am

To all the members, Avationmegastore just notified me that they just received three kits of the Broplan Cant 506 c, and the 506 B. I just ordered one of each.
I know that some of you are eager to get your hands on these kits, especially RIC. Therefore act quickly and good luck on getting one of the two remaining
kits.

vin Fiore

RetiredInKalifornia
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Got Mine Already!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:57 am
To all the members, Avationmegastore just notified me that they just received three kits of the Broplan Cant 506 c, and the 506 B. I just ordered one of each.
I know that some of you are eager to get your hands on these kits, especially RIC. Therefore act quickly and good luck on getting one of the two remaining
kits.

vin Fiore
Aviation Megastore sold me their then last 1/72nd scale BroPlan Z.506C vacuform in stock on February 10, 2020. BroPlan's still in business, unable to find their website, wonder whether they're re-releases, consigned sales or "found" inventory :?: The Z.506C conversion with Italeri Z.506B donor parts follows the LF/KORA SAIMAN 202bis & 202/M, Valom Caproni-Campini N.1 builds all hopefully done by August 20th, before commencing Z.506C conversion work must clean the rugs necessitating having to move everything off them, built model collection included, all by my lonesome, no easy task for sure :crazy:

The Z.506C will be first of six Italian subject vacuform kit builds, second of two vacuform + intected plastic molded builds since 1991 first one that year converting the Airfix AVRO Landcaster MK.I to MK.II with vacuform & resin Bristol Hercules radial engine parts from a believed long ago gone kit maker (Vac Wings-72 methinks) decades before Airfix tooled-up & released their excellent all injected-plastic MK.II kit, desperately need water decals for the Z.506C build, BroPlan kit didn't come with any :wtf: :twisted:
Last edited by RetiredInKalifornia on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cant 506 C

Post by Editor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:04 pm

You'd think Broplan would contact me, I could probably sell their entire inventory of these kits.

RetiredInKalifornia

I Can't Even Find Their Website!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:04 pm
You'd think Broplan would contact me, I could probably sell their entire inventory of these kits.
Scalemates shows these new 2020 releases so they're still in business, know little about them other they've been in business for decades cranking out all kind'a vacuformed aviation subjects other kit builders have passed over.

THE most enigmatic for me of all 1/72 scale Italian aviation subject kit releases are the 1980s KPL No.16 CANT Z.1018 apparent resin, 1999-vintage Legato LK041 CANT Z.1018 & LK065 Z.1018CN resins + vacuform w/brass etched parts kits none of which have been available since 2006 when commenced building my "Italians". I'd give anything to have ANY of them regardless of condition so long as can build ONE of these critters :!: Other "wish I had" is the 1994-vintage Aviation USK AV-1012 Caproni Ca.133, twice this year passed on eBay bidding for them :twisted:

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm

That kind of explains it Richard, if Broplan don't have a website you can bet they have no idea Stormo even exists.

RetiredInKalifornia

Maybe They Think One Isn't Necessary?

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:30 pm

Editor wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm
That kind of explains it Richard, if Broplan don't have a website you can bet they have no idea Stormo even exists.
BroPlan has a Polish business address on kit boxes & instructions, no website URLs alas, they apparently wholesaling their wares via third-party hobby product retailers. Everywhere have searched tonight its on-line hobby retailers selling them, Choroszy Modelbud, LF/KORA, Special Hobby by contrast retails via their websites. There's some logic here; why retail & deal with thousands of customers rather than a few third-party retailers particularly if BroPlan has had successful long-term business relationships with Aviation Megastore (AM) for one? Complaints about defective products still could be addressed to BroPlan via their snail-mail business address; keeping fingers double-crossed none of the six Italian aviation subject kits had bought from AM are defective, royally ticked I'd be considering how damned expensive they were :evil:

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:35 am

For a fee of about a little over one hundred dollars, Mika of arctic decals will produce a beautiful set of decals for the cant 506C. Right now he is very busy and you would have to wait a while before he could produce them. The wait would be worth it.

RetiredInKalifornia

Thanks For Letting Me Know...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:10 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:35 am
For a fee of about a little over one hundred dollars, Mika of arctic decals will produce a beautiful set of decals for the cant 506C. Right now he is very busy and you would have to wait a while before he could produce them. The wait would be worth it.
...Already "spent a dime" on the BroPlan Z.506C vacuform, want to get the darn thing built before mid-September! I likely gonna have to buy extra tools & supplies to build the six vacuforms, don't wanna spend single penny more on them, darn things sit like "Alien eggs" ready to crack open & attack my mind ala COVID :crazy:

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Today I received my kits of the CANT 506 C and B.
Planing to paint it in the colors of the one registered I-DITO. Is it white with blue trim, or is it Ivery with blue trim?

Thank you for your help in this matter,

Vin

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:27 pm
Today I received my kits of the CANT 506 C and B.
Planing to paint it in the colors of the one registered I-DITO. Is it white with blue trim, or is it Ivery with blue trim?

Thank you for your help in this matter,

Vin
Vince, from ADI #5 (Bianco Avorio) - see below. The scheme on I-DITO is my favorite on this plane:

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:43 am

Vince, Thank you for answering my question. The reason i asked it is that even though I thought it would be Bianco ivery , the picture looks white; Thank you for the correct color.

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 am

It has been a little over a month since I received my vac form conversion of the CANT 506C; I am sending some pictures of the progress made; Firstly the kit is not too difficult, but If I build another I would do a few things differently. Instead of cutting each window out separately and gluing in the windows, I would cut on open the windows and the posts between each window Then insert a piece of clear plastic flush with the frame; the reason for this being the plastic windows do not sit flush with the frame. I think I can correct the problem when the painting is completed. I will try to get the windows flush by slowly and carefully applying some Pledge floor polish until enough is applied until it is flush. Wish me luck! I found it very difficult to install the cabin windshield. I have not figured how I would install it on my next build but I will figure it out, hopefully.

I will send some pictures of masking and painting.
After all, is painted I will do the touch-ups required.

Vincent

RetiredInKalifornia

Two BroPlan CANT Z.506C Builds In 2020? Posponing Mine Till Vince's Is Done

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:35 am
...Already "spent a dime" on the BroPlan Z.506C vacuform, want to get the darn thing built before mid-September! I likely gonna have to buy extra tools & supplies to build the six vacuforms, don't wanna spend single penny more on them, darn things sit like "Alien eggs" ready to crack open & attack my mind ala COVID :crazy:
Planned on building the BroPlan Z.506C Italeri kit conversion first then their CANT Z.1007 Asso followed by the Caproni Ca.316 this before buying the AUT.18, Caproni Ca.111 & SM.95 kits, decided on the Z.1007 Asso first to gain experience building a supposed all vacuform kit, currently am building the Z.1007 Asso (so far so good) should be done with it by mid-September, move next to the Ca.316, gain experience building a supposed all vacuform floatplane (my BroPlan kits came with injected-plastic et.al. parts), want to get it done by mid-October.
Vincent Fiore wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 am
It has been a little over a month since I received my vac form conversion of the CANT 506C; I am sending some pictures of the progress made; Firstly the kit is not too difficult, but If I build another I would do a few things differently. Instead of cutting each window out separately and gluing in the windows, I would cut on open the windows and the posts between each window Then insert a piece of clear plastic flush with the frame; the reason for this being the plastic windows do not sit flush with the frame. I think I can correct the problem when the painting is completed. I will try to get the windows flush by slowly and carefully applying some Pledge floor polish until enough is applied until it is flush. Wish me luck! I found it very difficult to install the cabin windshield. I have not figured how I would install it on my next build but I will figure it out, hopefully.

I will send some pictures of masking and painting. After all, is painted I will do the touch-ups required.

Vincent
Most anxious to inspect your build Vincent, mine can cay right now won't be as exquisite, don't have time, resources nor interest in doing anything other than a reasonably competent build of the Z.506C nevertheless will closely follow your kit building progress, ain't sure when I'll get to it now, hopefully by December.

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am

RIC I am sure your build will be great as is all your builds especially your paint job. I have sent away for some letters for the registration. Have been waiting since May for them, because of the pandemic nothing is getting through.
. Need decals for a conversion of the SM82 and a stagerwing which I will put into the markings of the head engineer of SM; they are all done except for the decals. Ordered and paid for twice, but held up somewhere.

RetiredInKalifornia

Thanks For The Encouragement...

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:06 am

Vincent Fiore wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am
RIC I am sure your build will be great as is all your builds especially your paint job. I have sent away for some letters for the registration. Have been waiting since May for them, because of the pandemic nothing is getting through.
. Need decals for a conversion of the SM82 and a stagerwing which I will put into the markings of the head engineer of SM; they are all done except for the decals. Ordered and paid for twice, but held up somewhere.
...Leaning towards doing my Z.506C build as all-white medical transport, need to check on whether have red cross markings, scrounge decal collection for others, if that doesn't work will have to do generic Grigio Azzurro Scuro 3 & Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 wartime scheme, don't wanna spend more time & money than necessary on this or any other model kit build hereon.

Speaking of mail delays, also had number of late arriving parcels though Hewlett-Packard (HP) delivered my new desktop computer earlier than expected, quoted me September 3rd got it on August 24th. Really nice machine so far, first "All-In-One" type ever, previous were tower-types with lots of external wires, last HP I'd owned in 2002 was laptop running Windows XP, buggy thing gave away to somebody, can't remember who right now.