Cabin windows

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Cabin windows

Post by Vincent Fiore » Mon May 31, 2021 10:31 am

Gentlemen I have good news and bad news. First with the good. I have come up with a simple but time-consuming way to get your cabin windows to sit flush with the exterior. This procedure has been developed for resen and vac-formed kits, but can be used on any kit. What I have devised is very simple. For this explanation, I will demonstrate its use for vac kits. After you have opened the windows, cut a length of clear plastic large enough to go the length of the area needed, and wide enough to have an eight of an inch larger than the openings from top to bottom. Using epoxy apply a coat the whith and length of the plastic. Clamp the clear plastic part to the inside of the fuselage. When it has dried .place little pieces of clear plastid into the openings and then flood with clear or pledge. keep flooding the windows until you have built up the pledge to be flush with the fuselage. It will take many fillings to build up the clear areas, but allowing for drying between fillings they will be perfectly clear. I hope I explained this so that it is understandable.

Now for the bad news. Went to the eye doctor today to check my eyes, because I am having difficulty with reading small print and it is affecting my modeling. She told me I have cataracts on both eyes. I just started building the SM 95 a vac-form
kit by Bro plan. Let's see how it goes.

Keep Modeling,

Vincent