E Z line

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
Vincent Fiore
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

E Z line

Post by Vincent Fiore » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:00 am

I just stumbled on an abundant source of E z line, I hope this helps some of my modeling friends. If you have some old stretchy socks they are made with elastic thread. Well, I had an old pair and they had seen better days. I started pulling some of the threads and realized they acted as the expensive E-Z line. I wanted to see if I could use it to rig a biplane. It acted just as I expected. Try it and you will save some money. Hope this will help some of my modeling friends here at STORMO.

cduckworth
Pilota

Re: E Z line

Post by cduckworth » Fri May 19, 2023 6:04 am

I’ve stopped using EZ line as many of my WW1 1/48 models saw the EZ line breaking down.

D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by D520 » Sat May 20, 2023 3:34 am

True! They do not appreciate the UV!

RetiredInKalifornia

That And Coming Off Anchor Points!

Post by RetiredInKalifornia » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:42 pm

D520 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:34 am
True! They do not appreciate the UV!
February 2020 entered this Chorozny Modelbud Breda 25 in the last International Plastic Modelers Society Sacramento Silverwings contest before the COVID-19 Lockdown, two EZ Line anchor points came off likely costing me being the ALL SCALES (!!!) Biplane Category winner it going to a similar scale Czech FIAT CR.42 model judgmentally not as well finished nor having complicated wing wire rigging marking the forth time since the 1980s I'd lost out winning anything:

I'd likely built more cast resin late 1920s onwards Italian subject scale model kits in 1/72nd scale than most modelers, other than the True Gods Of Resin Modeling with unlimited time & budgets able to make flawless models still am satisfied with my builds well as with the vacuforms!!!

Ranger822
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Post by Ranger822 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:48 pm

I only use EZline running antenna lines for aircraft . . . it takes seconds to rig and if it sags it takes seconds to replace. For more complex rigging I want to stick with fishing line.