Supermodels Cant Z506 1/72

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Supermodels Cant Z506 1/72

Post by steveiow » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 am

I recently got hold of this kit,and have just opened it today.
The instructions are headed Italeri and the complaint slip has their address.
Are Supermodels part of Italeri?
Kit looks good to me,but a chap on the Unofficial Airfix Forum said the wings had dimensional problems
Any comments....
Steve :?

Dave P
Pilota

Post by Dave P » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Yes, I think Italeri now owns, or has obtained the Supermodel moulds.

As far as I'm aware this is the only injection moulded Z506 on the market. Cross kitting it with another manufacturer to correct dimensional errors is no help.
Personally, the model looks in proportion to me when built up, so to coin a frase, "if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it's a duck", or a Cant Z506, which ever you prefer.
To be completely honest a few mil discrepancy here & there does'nt bother me, I'd much rather enjoy the build & have the finished model on the shelf than worry about a few mil. :wink:
Regards
Dave.

steveiow
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by steveiow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:50 am

Dave
A man after my own heart-I don't know exactly what he meant by dimensional errors,but the wings look allright to me.
North Somerset ,hmm say hello to Washford for me :)
Steve

Dave P
Pilota

Post by Dave P » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 am

Steve
In my humble opinion modellers can sometimes get alittle hung up on a models dimensional accuracy.

I speek from personal experience becuse in the past I've worried & fretted about such things to such an extent that I stopped building altogeather.

Dimensional accuracy, along with raised or engraved panel lines must be one of the longest running debates in model building, dont you rekon ?

Washford ahe steve,
I travel through Washford quite a lot on my way to Dunster, Lynton & Lynmouth etc.
Many years ago I used to play trains with The Somerset & Dorset railway Trust at Washford, nice little Pub there if I remember correctly.
Regards
Dave.

schumi
Pilota

Post by schumi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi there!
I have the Cant 506 kit and I'm planning to start it asap.
The wings are actually shorter of about 5 mm and they also need a 2 mm increase in their chord. The floats are short too, needing an increase of about 5mm in length. The horizontal tailplanes need an increase in their chord and you should also correct a little bit the fuselage shape aft and in front of the canopy.
Here in Italy we have the excellent CMPR book with accurate drawings of all the corrections listed above and some more..
Steveiow, if you need it, let me know.
Bye!