LF ideas best acrylic paint line for Italian WWII Aircraft?

Post tips n' tricks, construction and detailing techniques, airbrushing techniques, decals, references and tools
hike65
Pilota

LF ideas best acrylic paint line for Italian WWII Aircraft?

Post by hike65 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello all, I come to you with a question for all those modelling
Italian WWII aircraft on subject of acrylic hobby paints for Italian WWII aircraft. I'm looking to change over to acrylics
and wanted to know best line of Italian colors by brand. Looking for authentic color accuracy, reliability and ease in airbrushing.
Especailly for FS36118 dark blue grey (maritime). Any ideas as on misterkit, White Ensign, ultracolor ect?? Thanks a bunch for
the help!!! Phil

jrlucero
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by jrlucero » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:10 am

Hello Phil, I have almost the complete range of Misterkit acrylics, their range is very impressive. This paints cover nicely and give a lot of control when spraying. To me the colors are very accurate but if you read the color articles on this site you'll get the picture that italian colors standards where not written in stone. I measure italian aircraft paint accuracy to Misterkit paint. The only problem is that Misterkit paint is getting harder to find on this side of the pond, though. I've tried Lifecolor as well, but their range is more limited and I haven't really managed to get them to work right.

I have some of the White Ensign enamels as well and they are spot on with the Misterkit range. To me, this are some of the best paints out there, they are a pleasure to spray and cover very well. I haven't tried ultracolor.

If you can get a hold on a good supplier of Misterkit paint, go for it, you can't go wrong.
Just build it!

José Lucero

Working on:
1/35 Autoblnda AB.41
1/48 P-47D Brazilian Jambock Squadron Senta Pua!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 pm

WEM paints spray well. I've also used Polly Scale acrylics with some success.

http://www.stormomagazine.com/ModelArti ... VT_1a.html