Aeromacchi C.200 Saeta Serie I, 1/48 Special Hobby

Post in-progress or completed model pics here
boom.boom
Pilota

Aeromacchi C.200 Saeta Serie I, 1/48 Special Hobby

Post by boom.boom » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 am

Hello colleagues.
My first post on this esteemed forum is Aeromacchi C.200 Saeta Serie I, 1/48 Special Hobby. The model represents plane of ace Maresciallo GianLino 'Giri' Baschirotto.
I would not write to you about the plane and the pilot because I am sure that you all already know much more than me. For those who would like to read more about the pilot, I recommend the following [url]http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/italy_baschirotto.htm[/url].
The model itself is already known and I would say that it belongs to the better quality shortrun for the period of its creation. But still there are a lot of problems such as poor paneling, poor fixing of the engine and hood, undefined exact position of the landing gear... Resin cockpit is good, but you can't see anything when you put a vacuum cabin (of very good transparency).
Model is OB but I only did the overlapping of the panel plating at the root of the wings and at the root of the horizontal stabilizer.
Unfortunately, I was lazy and did not enrich the engine bay, which I should have done. I was also wrong with the exact position of the landing gear, so the whole plane is sitting unnaturally high. The position of the landing gear hood is incorrect in one part.
Paints are Gunze acrylics and weathering were done with the help of oil paints, tamiya panel liners, dry pigments, wooden watercolor paints...
All criticisms and advice are more than welcome. Thank you for your attention!

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aeromacchi C.200 Saeta Serie I, 1/48 Special Hobby

Post by Editor » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:32 am

Welcome to Stormo and thank you for sharing your work. Beautiful job on the camo and a great subject of Italian Ace Baschirotto and his C.200 Serie I, its my favorite variant of this plane and a great kit. Please do send in a short article and I would be happy to add it the Stormo Gallery. Thanks again for sharing your work.

davenport49
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by davenport49 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Beautiful work, boom.boom. The "fried egg" scheme is very nicely done. The plane looks like it has seen some use. I hope you'll post more on Stormo; I look forward to seeing your work.

boom.boom
Pilota

Post by boom.boom » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Editor wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:32 am
Welcome to Stormo and thank you for sharing your work. Beautiful job on the camo and a great subject of Italian Ace Baschirotto and his C.200 Serie I, its my favorite variant of this plane and a great kit. Please do send in a short article and I would be happy to add it the Stormo Gallery. Thanks again for sharing your work.
Thank you Vince!!! It is more than glad to me to hear those words! In short period i will send short article!
All the best, Bojan!

boom.boom
Pilota

Post by boom.boom » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:23 pm

davenport49 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:44 pm
Beautiful work, boom.boom. The "fried egg" scheme is very nicely done. The plane looks like it has seen some use. I hope you'll post more on Stormo; I look forward to seeing your work.
Thank you Dave for the encouraging words and for the welcome. There is whole bunch of RA kits in stash, soo... :biggrin: !!!

Vincent Fiore

Post by Vincent Fiore » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:18 am

Great work, I hope you will grace us with more of your splendid work.