CANT Z 506 camouflage.

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
edgardo gil
Pilota

CANT Z 506 camouflage.

Post by edgardo gil » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:24 am

I have this aircraft of Supermodel in 1/72 scale, the instructions quotes that the upper surfaces of the wing must be painted in silver and red stripes; but other source (Ali d´Italia nº5) provide white and red stripes. Please anybody could tell me which are the correct colours?
And for last, anybody have any pics of the Airone´s of the 198 squadriglia in pre war colours?
Thank you for all.

Rick
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Cant-Z 506 pre-war

Post by Rick » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:11 am

In one of the book I have, Dimensione Cielo n°5 - Bombardieri, there is a photo of the airplane 198-3, from which it is possible to see the upper surfaces; my mail address is:
r.trotta@postanet.it
Please, if you are interested, send me an e-mail and I shall scan and send you the photo
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

edgardo gil
Pilota

Post by edgardo gil » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:57 am

É vero, how silly of me; I had forgotten that I had that book in PDF. In any case it is difficult to interpret the photography; although I read something in an article about camouflages in the Stormo page that clarified me something. I choose paint the model white and red stripes, what do you think about this?
Tante grazie Riccardo.

Rick

CantZ506 pre-war camouflage

Post by Rick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm

The Club Modellismo Plastico Ravenna (CMPR) which is the most accredited Club in Italy about WW II° Italian camouflage, in its Notiziario n°2/93 refers that the pre-war 506 were painted overall "Alluminiata" with the wings upper surfaces characterazied by antimimetic red bands, personally I think this is the most reliable source
Riccardo
Riccardo Trotta

edgardo gil
Pilota

Post by edgardo gil » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks Riccardo, probably you have reason, in Ali d´Italia 17 CANT Z 501 Gabiano, the scheme is silver with red stripes. And with the information that you quote of Notiziario I think that silver and red it´s the real scheme.
Thanks again.