Do you have a preference? RA vs ANR vs Co-B

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Do you have a preference? RA vs ANR vs Co-B

Post by Capitano » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Is there one era you like to model more than another? Regia Aeronautica over ANR or do you like the Co-Belligerant era more? This isn't a poll, just curious if you have a preference. Me, I kind of like ANR over RA with Co-B last. Or is it the pattern you prefer no matter the era? What about smoke rings vs the RLM 74/75/76 scheme? I like the RLM pattern. Or do you like the all green all the time scheme of an Re.2001? Or is there a mottle pattern that trips your trigger?

Chris Busbridge

Post by Chris Busbridge » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:40 am

For me, it's RA every time! Less bothered about the ANR or Co-B.

Check out Jean Barby's Cant Z1007 in the gallery for a really good example of one of my favourite RA schemes.

flyingbabydoc
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by flyingbabydoc » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 am

I agree with Chris... RA above all other!

I particularly like some of the "stripes"- schemes of early SM-79 (like Squadriglia 18 in Sicily, 1940). I must say that I do like some of the ANR models like the SM 79 bis but I don't care so much for RLM schemes.

Not to forget the "sorci verdi"... great airplanes and camouflage at that time.

Cheers

Alex

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:07 am

The RA had the greatest number of color and camouflage schemes that included the pre-1938, the 1938-1941 and the Tavola 10 color and camouflage schemes. These standards literally gave us hundreds of different applications, both factory and field applied. The ANR and CoB existed only briefly and the RLM colors aren't as interesting as the Italian ones :)

GAJouette
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by GAJouette » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:08 pm

I've to cast my lot with the Regia Aeronautica,but a few of the ANR schemes are quite interesting also especially for the G 55.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:20 pm

hallo all
i am probably late on this issue but i also agree with most Regia Aeronautica has my vote but i do not discard ANR and CO if there is a good model to build or a interesting scheme
ciao stefano

Peter I.
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by Peter I. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:20 am

Hi guys,
Following on the previous posts in this forum, I really like to moel the Regia Aeronautica (because of the fantastic camo schemes), as well as the Italian contribution to the Spanish Civil War.
The ANR and the Co-Belligerent Airforce are also special because of the interesting historic background.

Grtz

Peter

Brendan
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by Brendan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Hello to all,

I'd have to say RA as well, although personally I love how the Veltro looks in RLM camouflage. I also like the Ju-87 in RLM colors but with RA insignia.

Best wishes,
Brendan