low flying SM79 picture

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
m.lacivita
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by m.lacivita » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 am

Since someone said that's an interesting idea for a model, here is mine...
Image[/img]

Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Capitano » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Welcome to the discussion m.lacivita...

Ask and you shall receive! That is a very good looking model you have there. Where did you get the information to subdue the white band? Do you have a reference you could share with us to help clear up this issue? Did you spray that pattern on the band? And is it possible for you to post more pictures of that great looking model so we can have a better look at it? What scale is it?

m.lacivita
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by m.lacivita » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:42 am

Capitano wrote:Welcome to the discussion m.lacivita...

Ask and you shall receive! That is a very good looking model you have there. Where did you get the information to subdue the white band? Do you have a reference you could share with us to help clear up this issue? Did you spray that pattern on the band? And is it possible for you to post more pictures of that great looking model so we can have a better look at it? What scale is it?
No specific reference for this particular bird, except Italeri's instruction sheet! However, many sources states that was a quite common practice to distemper "on the field" the broad white bands on larger aircraft, that were quite visible expecially on dark schemes. The model is the venerable airfix 1/72, whit a series of scratchbuilt modifications and Italeri's decals. The white band was overcoated by simply brushing on some green: I guess the ground crew did not use spray gun to do that, but rags, brushes and whatever at hand in the moment. I also think that the green could be a different hue from the rest of the plane: "Hey, Private! take a green paint into that storage and splash it over that white...the Brits see that white from London!" "Yes, Sir!"
Last edited by m.lacivita on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by D520 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 am

Ciao Massimo, ti spera bene. A presto, jean.

m.lacivita
Comandante di Gruppo
Comandante di Gruppo

Post by m.lacivita » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:50 am

D520 wrote:Ciao Massimo, ti spera bene. A presto, jean.
Ciao Jean! Thanks for the info on BOB cr42s...I'm VERY confused now!