question about Re 2002

Post topics relating to Colors, Camouflage Schemes and Markings of the Regia Aeronautica and ANR
pante11
Comandante di Squadriglia

question about Re 2002

Post by pante11 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:19 am

I' ve just started the new Italeri Re2002 and of course I'm planning to build the airplane af Major Cenni...On the italeri reference for the painting I've noticed that in Cenni airplane the "fasci" are completaly missing over and under the wings.. and actually the overwing seems to be overspraied with another and not specified green...
I' m asking if somebody can confirm that or anyway could help me
Regards
:D
Fredi "pante11"

Mirek Riha
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Re: question about Re 2002

Post by Mirek Riha » Tue May 26, 2009 7:38 am

pante11 wrote:I' ve just started the new Italeri Re2002 and of course I'm planning to build the airplane af Major Cenni...On the italeri reference for the painting I've noticed that in Cenni airplane the "fasci" are completaly missing over and under the wings.. and actually the overwing seems to be overspraied with another and not specified green...
I' m asking if somebody can confirm that or anyway could help me
Regards
:D
Fredi "pante11"
Hi,

I have photo with Cennis, Re 2002 and at the bottom of the wings are the only rings, fascio is not entirely repainted

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 am

hallo
i also seen this aircraft of magg. Cenni without the fascio pained anibody knos why that is?!
ciao stefano

warhawk
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by warhawk » Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 am

Well, maybe it was to receive wing fasci yet, there are many photos of Macchi and Fiat fighters with only the rings painted, or even without fasci...
The photo was probably taken during the painting process..

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Wed May 27, 2009 5:58 pm

hallo
i agree with warhawk that i also seen this aircrafts only with the simple
circle but not fasci painted at all just an empty circle on both wings and nothing else in the middle strangely enough only on Reggiane type of aircrafts
ciao
stefano

pante11

Post by pante11 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:17 am

Hello
Furthermore..
Do you know the colors of the italian bombs? I wish to make the plane with the payload....
tks a lot
Fredi "pante11"

D520
Generale di Divisone Aerea

Post by D520 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:26 am

It is only because the Duce had been deposed and the King vittorio Emmanuel was now leading the country, so all the fascist insignias, fasci allari and the one on the fuselage were suppressed. M de Terlizzi has done a MC 205 showing the same empty ring on the wings.

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Thu May 28, 2009 4:49 pm

ciao d520
very good one
i was wondering about the significance of such markings
thanks very much
ciao stefano

modeldad
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Post by modeldad » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 am

With the fall of the Facist government on 25 July 1943 it was ordered that the fasci be removed from the aircraft. The wing markings could be over painted entirely or only the fasci be painted over leaving the outer ring.
The fuselage fasci was aslo removed. The colored fuselage fasci was probably a "decal" and simply stripped off.

I just received the Italeri Re. 2002 and a bit disappointed. While the rivets are not as bad as has been shown, they are absurd and have no rhyme or reason. Just there because of the rivet fad. The worst part is the control surfaces, they are way overdone and detail is soft.

Although I I have not put glue to plastic, my initial impression is that the cowl is not well shaped and the nose machine guns are poorly represented.

The decals are not up to current quality. The RA Co-B cocardes are out of register and have a red edge to the green portion.

This maybe Cenni's aircraft.

This appears to be another aircraft of the same unit. Note the position of the unit badge on the nose, only facing forwards on the left side.

Steven "Modeldad" Eisenman

jrlucero
Comandante di Stormo
Comandante di Stormo

Just to add to Modeldad's evaluation of the kit

Post by jrlucero » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 am

Hello Steven, just to add to your impressions of the new Italeri kit of the Re.2002. I have to say that the general fit of the kit is very unimpressive and lacking to say the least. The lower wing to fuselage join is horrible, some of those big rivet (sink holes) are surely going to be lost on the build process.

I agree with you that the machine guns on the cowling are really disappointing, and Italeri supplies a decal if one doesn't want to even attempt to drill them out.

Anyways, I'll start building mine as soon as I finish my current project.

Best regards,
Just build it!

José Lucero

Working on:
1/35 Autoblnda AB.41
1/48 P-47D Brazilian Jambock Squadron Senta Pua!

D520

Re: Just to add to Modeldad's evaluation of the kit

Post by D520 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:36 am

jrlucero wrote:Hello Steven, just to add to your impressions of the new Italeri kit of the Re.2002. I have to say that the general fit of the kit is very unimpressive and lacking to say the least. The lower wing to fuselage join is horrible, some of those big rivet (sink holes) are surely going to be lost on the build process.

I agree with you that the machine guns on the cowling are really disappointing, and Italeri supplies a decal if one doesn't want to even attempt to drill them out.

Anyways, I'll start building mine as soon as I finish my current project.

Best regards,
Saluti Josè and Steven!
I have this one to built for the next wingMaster issue! I'll let you know my pain! Regards, jean;

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

hallo Steven
thanks very much for the piece of historical information about the puzzleing
issue of the fasci painting it poved very interesting for me
about the kit i havent got it yet but it doesnt look very impressive but it is the only one of this beautifull aircraft so i hope to get it soon
ciao stefano

stefanuccio

Post by stefanuccio » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

hallo Steven
thanks very much for the piece of historical information about the puzzleing
issue of the fasci painting it poved very interesting for me
about the kit i havent got it yet but it doesnt look very impressive but it is the only one of this beautifull aircraft so i hope to get it soon
ciao stefano