Export to China/Japan

Post topics relating to the Italian conquest of Lybia, Ethopia and the Italian involvement in Spain. Also covers Italian politics in Austria and arms sales to China, Japan and South America
fredleander
Pilota

Export to China/Japan

Post by fredleander » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am

Are there any good overviews of Italian weapon exports to China and Japan before WW2? Anybody know?

Fred
www.fredleander.com - a book on Operation Sealion

Editor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Editor » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:10 am

This is a good question. There is no book printed on this subject (that I'm aware of) - certainly not in English. There were a number of Italian trade delegations that visited the Orient, the Middle East and South America during the 1930s to broaden trade and help grow the Italian economy. The largest export successes were to countries that were active in war such as Japan and China. The two most notable aircraft sold to these countries being the Cr.32 and the BR.20, but there were other aircraft including ground equipment e.g., CV33. Riccardo and Stefano might be able to help you with the details, but if you need more I have the contact information of some authors that might help you - contact me offline.