Looking for info on air units in Spain

Post topics relating to the Italian conquest of Lybia, Ethopia and the Italian involvement in Spain. Also covers Italian politics in Austria and arms sales to China, Japan and South America
stevnjan
Pilota

Looking for info on air units in Spain

Post by stevnjan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:39 am

Looking for units, equipment, pilots, orders of battle, locations of air units (all forces not just Italian) during the Spanish civil war. Could be web page(s), or good books, etc. Must be in English though. Thank you.

Stephen

Capitano
Generale di Brigata Aerea
Generale di Brigata Aerea

Post by Capitano » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:26 pm

May I suggest this book.

http://pacmodelscatalg.com/Merchant2/me ... ry_Code=ad

Osprey Publishing has at least two books on the Spanish Civil War; Men at Arms #74, and Essential Histories #37.

Barnes and Noble or Borders would be a good place to search also.

stevnjan
Pilota

Post by stevnjan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:27 am

Hmmm. Link isn't working for me. Please post the title, author(s), and/or ISBN please and I can try google book search. Thank you very much.

Stephen

stevnjan
Pilota

Post by stevnjan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:43 am

Well managed to get to pacmodels. I assume the title is over Spain. If it is thank you for the heads up, looks good.

As an aside has anyone picked up the CD ROM on the Fiat CR32? If it has new info great. If it is just a collection of pictures from the internet I can't justify the price as I have downloaded loads of pictures. Of course if it has THAT ONE picture!!

Stephen

RiK
Comandante di Squadriglia
Comandante di Squadriglia

Re: Looking for info on air units in Spain

Post by RiK » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am

Hello Stephen,first, sorry for my poor english.

I'be just re start with this hobby 3 years ago.
I has buld 45 model in 1/72 until now ; all are Italians, Germans and Spanish Naionalist.
My target is to build ALLS the planes used by the Nationalist Side; imagine wihch I even do several version of each plane ( es : 4 cr 32); I must also to start with the two motors so the path is long...

I build on 1/72 for space needs and I can't use air brush; I must use classical brush this is due at my health problems.

Ok, the firs site you MUST see is this :

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/drnash/mod ... index.html

This is the omina opera forr alls the planes used by all the side ( I has used the info only for Nationalist side ( Aviazione Legionaria, Condor Legion and Fuerza Aérea Nacionales (Arma de Aviación))

From this site you can search many books;
The best ( that I 've bought new or used on ebay) are :

Patrick Laureau - Condor / The Luftwaffe in Spain 1936 -1939 - Hikoki Publications

Gerald Howson - Aircaft of The Spanish Civil War - Putnam

Emiliani - Ghergo - Ali In Spagna - Giorgio Apostolo Editore ( but there is a good reales in englsh too)

Justo Miranda & Paulal Mercado - Aviones En La Guerra Civil Espanola - aldaba ediciones

Justo Miranda & Paulal Mercado - World Aviation In Spain ( the Civil War 1936 / 1939) - Silex Pub.

Michael Ullmann - Luftwaffe Colors 1935 - 1945 Hikoki ( a must)

Juan Abellan Garcia -Munoz /Ministero De La Defensa - Espana - Galeria de Aviones De la Guerra Civil espanola -

Jean Massé - Des Avion Pour L'Espagne - Les presses litteraires

Karl Ries & hans Ring - The legion Condor - Schiffer military History.

Thse Books are essential but pay attention because some of these are very expansive in cost.

Another important resource is the Encicopedia De La Aviacion Militar - Quiron Edciones.
The site is still running and they sell by web ( I don't know if ship in canada but in Europe for sure).

The last tips : ride on the web day and night; is the best resources place; when enconter a good site download all becuase often are site that have a short life.

For the italian colors Stormo is the only way! is the best place where find infos and understand the italian camouflages ( Think wich I live in Rome and these infos are only here!!)

So.. have fun!!

RiK
Ardisco, Colpisco E men'infischio!